Re: New stable version after Sarge

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 10:35:37PM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Andrew Pollock <apollock@debian.org> wrote:
> > That said, this (rather large) blocker shouldn't be the issue it has
> > been for this release for the next one. The two biggest blockers to
> > releasing any time soon have been the installer and the security
> > infrastructure. I'm actually not abreast of what the issue is with
> > the security infrastructure, so I don't know if it's likely to be a
> > blocker all over again come etch release time. I'd like to think
> > it's going to easier to release etch sooner.
> It shouldn't be forgotten that the biggest blocker after these things
> is probably a general failure to actually care all that much. How many
> people are actually behaving as if a release is just around the
> corner?  How can we fix this?

We've spent most of the past year thinking a release might be just round
the corner. We can only cry wolf so many times before the world stops
believing us and finds an option that actually works.

J.

--
        She's the one for me. She's all I really need, oh yeah.
         Bring some pragmatism back to Debian - mjg59 for DPL!