Re: New stable version after Sarge

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 02:58:42PM -0500, roberto@familiasanchez.net wrote:

> I would strongly caution against using Sarge for a production system
> until there is security team support.  See this message I posted to d-u
> when someone pointed out that they were running sarge on some servers:

Interesting.

Recently, I've started using testing on production servers.

I subscribe to debian-security (+ d-s-announce) and get reports whenever
there's anything released.
I know what is installed on my boxes, so I know if this announcement
affects me.

If it's been put into unstable, I'll backport the change myself. If it's
not, Then I'll have a look at upstream's solution, and patch as
required.

Recently, I did have a box rooted. This was due to a user running phpbb
on the system, without me knowing, despite the policy of no software
without clearance from me.

There's also not necesarrily a 10 day waiting period if the urgency is
set high.

Neil
Q. Why is top posting bad?
gpg key - http://www.halon.org.uk/pubkey.txt ; the.earth.li B345BDD3