Re: New stable version after Sarge

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 04:25:00PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> > >At least that's been the case including sarge.  Hence, such
> > >a sentence would not mean anything.

> > >What if the installer is broken at that time?
> >
> > Normally a broken installer does not come into testing (ehm, I don't
> > know for sure the installer is a normal package).
>
> During the preparation of sarge there was a long time where the
> installer didn't work as it should have.  Go read the archives.

That said, this (rather large) blocker shouldn't be the issue it has been
for this release for the next one. The two biggest blockers to releasing any
time soon have been the installer and the security infrastructure. I'm
actually not abreast of what the issue is with the security infrastructure,
so I don't know if it's likely to be a blocker all over again come etch
release time. I'd like to think it's going to easier to release etch sooner.

regards

Andrew

--
linux.conf.au 2005   -  http://lca2005.linux.org.au/  -  Birthplace of Tux