New stable version after Sarge

Hello,

One of the biggest disadvantages of Debian for me is the long time it takes for a new stable version.

What about saying something like: the next stable release comes in the beginning of 2006?

I can understand something like "Debian releases when it's ready", but many people have to work together. Maybe it's better to say: "a package releases when it's ready, but the deadline for the next Debian release is a fixed date".

You will understand that my most important point is security-support.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.