[semi-troll] Re: Bits from the release team: the plans for etch

On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 08:18:42AM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 22:21:18 +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña
> <jfs@computer.org> wrote:
> >Creating system users needs to cope with the fact that users might
> >have greated them before hand.
> adduser copes with that. If a system user to be created does already
> exist with the required properties, adduser is a no-op and exists with
> a zero exit code. If a system user to be created does already exist
> with different attributes, it exists with non-zero exit code, as this
> is an error.

And yet /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/README.Debian-accountname says:
	To avoid accidentylly zapping a locally used account, we
	intended to use a name from a name space with low potential for
	name conflicts.

Aren't you the same Marc Haber that wrote that document?

Is there a popcon equivalent for the most often reported bug?  Does
Debian-exim take the prize?

Simon.

--
oOoOo   "And 1.1.81 is officially BugFree(tm), so if you receive   oOoOo
 oOoOo any bug-reports on it, you know they are just evil lies."  oOoOo