Re: Bits from the release team: the plans for etch

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 03:30:14PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:52:40 +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña
> <jfs@computer.org> wrote:
> >On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 11:10:28PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> >> Which things would your dh_user do more than adduser does currently?
> >
> >IMHO, a 'dh_user' would produce automatically the code I introduced in the
> >Developer's reference, so that maintainers just need to add:
> >
> >dh_user $SERVER_USER $SERVER_GROUP $SERVER_$NAME $SERVER_HOME
>
> adduser can already do that itself. No need to move that information
> to debian/rules.

? Have you looked at the code I added to the developer's reference _at_all_?
Creating system users needs to cope with the fact that users might have
greated them before hand. There's some code that needs to be written to cope
with different packaging situations that adduser is unable to
contemplate by itself. Not including the fact that the user created by a
package might need to be removed on postinst. Please review the text I
added, you don't seem to have read it through.

Regards

Javier