Re: Using buildds only (was: Results of the meeting...)

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 01:42:18AM +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:

> one day (as the buildds do) is certainly acceptable. OTOH, lagging
> behind for several weeks (which is not unreasonable for folks without
> a phat pipe) is certainly not, especially if you are in a period of
> massive transitions.

During larger transitions if you're not using i386 it's often hard to
keep relatively up to date at all - using PowerPC I tend to find that
GNOME transitions and similar cause dist-upgrade and aptitude to fail
for extended periods of time, requiring manual intervention to keep
large parts of the archive at all up to date.