Using buildds only (was: Results of the meeting...)

Quoting Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr>:
> All packages should be built by official debian buildds anyway, not on
> developper machines with random cruft and unsecure packages installed, or
> even
> possibly experimental or home-modified stuff.

That would be very good, indeed.  I am very much in favour of allowing
only source-only uploads and having all binaries build by the buildds
only.  The argument against it is, that DDs wouldn't check, whether
the package builds cleanly etc.  I think, that this is a poor argument,
but anyway.  Fortunately, Martin Krafft came up with the idea of
allowing source-only uploads only together with a signed test protocol.
The test protocol would have to include the output of lintian, linda,
and piuparts - warnings allowed, errors not.  Maybe we would need one
more buildd for i386 and one or two buildds for 'all', which does not
have a buildd, AFAIK.

Cheers, WB