Re: WebSVN of svn.debian.org uses wrong encoding

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 12:45, W. Borgert wrote:
> Not all of "my" translators are easy with svn command line.  WebSVN
> would be helpful, so they see, whether I did my homework and checked
> in their latest changes correctly.  Could be useful for d-i, too.

In my experience some kind of revision tracking is more useful for that.
The most simple system has a comment in translations stating which version
of the English original it is based on.

For that you should enable the svn keyword "Id" (using 'svn propset
svn:keywords Id') and add a comment in your English files containing
"$Id:".

Thus:
Which on commits will automatically expand to, for example:
<!-- $Id: bookinfo.xml 29882 2005-08-13 13:53:06Z fjp $ -->

Then translators can add something like:
<!-- Original revision: 29882 -->