Re: no time for all debian tasks was: interacting with the press

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 21:25 +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 12:03:00PM -0400, Greg Folkert wrote:

> > > Why can't this be discussed in public? There are probably more people
> > > concerned about this then only him.
> >
> > Initially it is far better to air ones dirty laundry in the privacy of
> > your own house than out in the Public. Due mainly to the fact of
> > yellowish stains, brown streaks and in-human smells, or in other words
> > Bringing to your attention before you embarrass him before a multitude
> > of people.
>
> How exactly do you know that he didn't? Do you read Joey's mail for him?
>
> [That goes for all you other people saying the same thing]

Common Courtesy states that one should also mention personal
communications, even if completely ignored by the person(s) in question.

Even though Anand Kumria mention recent personal conflict with Martin,
this still does nothing in the way of informing us of Netiquette being
properly maintained. It is also not an excuse to cut this part out of
being done period, nor of mentioning it being either way.

Personally, I would have mentioned the dates and times of the
e-mails/phone calls/snail-mails in the preface of the d-d-a list mail.

But, then again, I am not (by far) an average person. I guess I should
*FORCE* myself to have less than respectable expectations for these type
of attacks^Wcriticisms.

And, BTW, How do I know, officially, I don't know if he did or didn't
try to contact Martin. And Yes, I read your e-mail, as well Andrew.

And I too, have been guilty of doing the same thing and have also been
admonished. Why stop now, trying to make d-d or d-d-a more civil, it
would be hard to make less civil, on average.

(of course you know I don't read yours or Martin's e-mail, as this is
"tongue in cheek" mode and is a forever written in stone as a sysadmin
commandment, "thou shalt not read thine users e-mail")
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

For technology that is
Strong, Better, Faster: Linux