Re: Documentation of alioth?

* Marc Haber:

>>I never said we were perfect. But alioth is not "unmaintained".
>
> A project which leaves bug reports completely uncommented (and
> unfixed) for three months is unmaintained.

Not necessarily.  It's very poor communication, and a huge problem.
But without inside knowledge, you can't really know what's going on.

> Why should I spend days building a reference system for bug
> reproduction and bug removal when the actual buggy system is readily
> available to its admins?

Or, put in a more constructive way, what is the correct way to proceed
if you want to debug such bugs yourself, on Debian's machines?
Suppose I had an afternoon to spare on such a bug, how could I help
the alioth maintainers?