Re: Documentation of alioth?

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 08:16:31 +0200, Raphaël Hertzog
<hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
>Le dimanche 10 juillet 2005 à 23:34 +0200, Marc Haber a écrit :
>> Alioth is mainly unmaintained, don't rely on it.
>
>That's grossly unfair. Furthermore I have yet to see an offer to help or
>a patch sent to the current administrators.

Mailing list moderation is broken for like three months. There is an -
unreplied - tracker ticket (#301440) open, people have been prodded on
IRC multiple times, and all I got - after two weeks of trying to get
this issue at least acknowledged - was a "yeah, there is an
incompatbility between gforge and mailman".

Same goes for tracker ticket #301374 - open since three months, not a
bit of reply.

>Requets for new projects are treated regularly by the 3 admins. Problems
>requiring root rights can only be handled by Wichert Akkerman and are
>thus treated less frequently. Sometimes you need to prod him directly
>(on IRC).

I do not care too much about alioth's internal problems. Fact is that
important parts of alioth infrastructure are broken since multiple
months, users are ignored, and nobody seems to care. This makes _my_
work as a DD significantly harder since I have to look after my
mailing lists manually since a quarter of a year.

Greetings
Marc