Re: Documentation of alioth?

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:13:17 +0200, Raphael Hertzog
<raphael@ouaza.com> wrote:
>Le lundi 11 juillet 2005 à 09:17 +0200, Marc Haber a écrit :
>> Same goes for tracker ticket #301374 - open since three months, not a
>> bit of reply.
>
>I never said we were perfect. But alioth is not "unmaintained".

A project which leaves bug reports completely uncommented (and
unfixed) for three months is unmaintained.

>Gforge has its bugs, you're more than welcomon to work on it...

Why should I spend days building a reference system for bug
reproduction and bug removal when the actual buggy system is readily
available to its admins?

>> I do not care too much about alioth's internal problems. Fact is that
>> important parts of alioth infrastructure are broken since multiple
>> months, users are ignored, and nobody seems to care. This makes _my_
>> work as a DD significantly harder since I have to look after my
>> mailing lists manually since a quarter of a year.
>
>Did you try to check where the problem is ? Did you try to prepare a
>patch for us to apply ?

Alioth is not some kind of software which can be debugged this way.

Greetings
Marc