Re: Ongoing Firefox (and Thunderbird) Trademark problems

Eric Dorland wrote:
* Gervase Markham (gerv@mozilla.org) wrote:
Only because there's only one of me, and I'm too busy to deal with the volume! It's currently ten to midnight and I just got back from speaking at a conference in Wolverhampton.

The volume has been pretty light compared to most Debian flamewars.

I apologise for not being used to Debian flamewars. ;-)

Would you adopt a similar attitude to copyright infringement?

No, but as many have pointed out, they're not the same thing. If they
were, clearly your agreement would be non-free.

What I mean is, would you ever say about a copyright: "I'll ignore this copyright until the copyright owner complains about it"? If not, why do you do it for a trademark? That would make your respect for the law somewhat selective.

Gerv