Re: Upcoming removal of orphaned packages

Laszlo Boszormenyi wrote on 16/06/2005 23:13:
> On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 22:13 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
>
>>Perhaps this might be true for the initial Perl implementation, but:
>>
>>"[2001/03/03 10:05] Markus Schoder has contributed finddupes.cpp, GPL'ed source code for a C++ based version of my horribly slow compare routine. In his testing on a directory of 35,000 images, it was about 300 times faster than findimagedupes' perl implementation."
>
>  Yup, but that's even more old, more than four years old. Will download
> it and check if its still compilable even.

It's only compilable in its current state with g++-2.95 (regarding
compilers in Debian stable). There is a single error when compiling with
g++-3.4 which I am unable to fix (as I don't know the STL at all).

Apart from that, it works quite fine.

>>>and, I would say, both make it obsolete.
>>
>>If both would have a command line interface.
>
>  I do not think they have.

Exactly.

>>  I do not know both but
>>the page you quoted mentioned that findimagedupes is the only command line
>>tool.
>
>  Yes, and this is sad. What I need is a command line tool as well. I can
> not have any GUI where I would like to use it.

Same for me.

>>I would really love a command line alternative.  If you tell me any
>>I will be quiet immediately.
>
>  I do not know any. But if any of you find an alternative, then please
> tell me as well.

/aol

>>  But I would love to have a test first.
>>Please give me two weeks.
>
>  Thanks, the time is on your side as I also would like to have a command
> line based tool.

Yes, pleeeeaaasse.

cu,
sven