Re: And now for something completely different... etch!

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 22:01:58 +0200, Jesus Climent <jesus.climent@hispalinux.es> said:

> On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 09:25:22AM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 01:13:16AM +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
>> > to find their own (sometimes flawed) solution to a very common
>> > problem.
>>
>> Years using Linux: 10.
>>
>> Times I've absolutely needed an X-less boot when an XDM was
>> installed: 0.
>>
>> How common was that problem you were trying to solve, again?

> Years using linux: 11 (argh, or 12, i cannot even remember)

> Times I needed the above discussed feature: several.

> That common is common enough?

        Not really. There is nothing to indicate that how you
 fashioned your run levels would make sense for, say, me. People whoi
 really want tailored run-levels often have very definite ideas about
 how these run-levels would be tailored; it is unlikely that a
 predefined solution designed by committee in Debian would suit their
 needs, and they would have to roll their own, anyway, and a
 predefined solution would just get in their way.

        _Why_ did you not create you own run level schema, BTW, if you
 have indeed needed them so often? (I haven't felt that itch yet, or I
 would have; creating differentiated run levels is not exactly rocket
 science).

        manoj
--
"The Schizophrenic: An Unauthorized Autobiography"