Re: And now for something completely different... etch!

> If your X configuration is broken and your X won't start then that is
> effectively the same thing as the proposed run level 3 anyway.  So
> what is the point?
Well, I used to have problems with my graphiccard that hard locked the
system on startup. Being able to do boot into runlevel (RL) 3 without X
(that was back on SuSE), was really nice. I know single user mode can
handle this, but single user is not very comfortable (Who wants to work
with only one tty?).
So mainly its a matter of comfort and consistence with LSB.
Btw. I didn't realize that Debian uses other RL definitions until I
first tried to boot into RL 2.

Greetings Ben

--
Please do not sent any email to the ben-ml@gmx.net - all email not