Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?

Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 10:06:05PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
>
> > Personal communication is how development works in the entire rest of
> > the free software world, I really don't see why Ubuntu is different.
>
> This strikes me as ironic, considering that you are attempting to hold
> Ubuntu to a standard which has not been met by many prominent Debian
> derivatives over the years.  I don't know whether your opinions about Ubuntu
> have a personal or professional basis, but if there is work to be done to
> improve this situation, its scope is well beyond Ubuntu, and we would do
> well to avoid finger-pointing and conspiracy theories in favor of
> considering it in a more general context.

I'm finding it hard to get past the words "conspiracy theories" in the
above paragraph. Please either cite examples of my conspiracy theories,
or restate what you're trying to say in a way that makes sense as a
reply to the lines you quoted. Taking into account all the bits you
lopped off might help too..

--
see shy jo