Re: libselinux1 - required

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 22:44:30 +1200, Nigel Jones <nigelj@gmail.com> said:

> It's been implied that people will be basicly *forced* to use
> selinux,

        Where on earth did you get that idea? The goal is to make it
 _feasible_ for people to run SELinux on Etch by configuring boot

> so couldn't it be easier to have a coreutils-selinux
> package on the side?

        Since the original premise was flawed, this would just add to
        package bloat.

> just like how the kernel team maintain a couple different branches
> of the kernel at the same time.  There are people that *REFUSE* to
> use selinux (personal/political/etc... reasons), if "coreutils" is
> made absolutely dependant on libselinux1, then the user gets no
> choice...

        Did you know that all Debian kernels now have SELinux compiled in?

> Personally, I am one of the above.  Sadly however there is becoming
> a lack of distributions that provide such a choice.

        Well, you can keep your box security free for as long as you want.

        manoj
--
I find you lack of faith in the forth dithturbing. Darse ("Darth")
Vader