Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?

* Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> [2005-06-06 22:08]:
> Personally I will not be suprised if some procmail recipe doesn't end up
> running somewhere that effectively changes this policy for them.
>
> (Didn't you have one, tbm? :-)

No, I added some patches by hand for a while.  I read -bugs-dist and
wanted to spare other people to burden to look up the patches.
However, I felt my actions weren't welcome.  In any case, if we're not
being treated like proper upstream maintainers, maybe we should write
some tools to keep better track of those patches.  After all, Ubuntu
imports bugs from out BTS, so why shouldn't we do the same?  (Of
course, we shouldn't have to, but given current affairs, it appears as
if we had.)
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/