Re: NEW handling: About rejects, and kernels

On Mar 26, Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> wrote:

> You kept saying nothing more than "we don't care about modifying them
> because nobody will ever want to", which is, well, simply false.
Yet another strawman. What is false is your description of my arguments,
which were much more complex than this.

> > at http://blog.bofh.it/id_33 .
> Nothing there explains what the reduced level of freedom would be:
> what freedoms do we still insist on, since they will not be the ones
> we want for other programs?
This was obvious from the context at the time I written that post, I
consider acceptable for a temporary SC exception having only
redistribution rights.

> And nothing there explains why firmware should have less freedom,
I see some arguments there, so maybe you should take more than 30
seconds to read the page. Or even better, look at the debian-devel and
debian-legal archives where you can find more arguments from me and
others.

--
ciao,
Marco