Re: NEW handling: About rejects, and kernels (Was: Re: NEW handling ...)

Le mardi 22 mars 2005 à 17:46 +0100, Bernhard R. Link a écrit :
> * Matthew Wilcox <matthew@wil.cx> [050322 16:51]:
> > Debian has already decided to destroy what it is by giving in to the
> > crackpots who insist that everything is software.
>
> You mean some people failed to destroy Debian though loudly and very
> often repeating the claim that some types of software do not count as
> software?

Why should people always be so counterproductive ?

I'm also not satisfied with the non-productiveness of the removal of
useful documentation. I'm also ashamed that some hardware doesn't work
out of the box on Debian because we decided that firmware are software
and thus should meet DFSG.

However I don't plan to leave Debian because it's just not the right
thing to do.

I joined Debian because its goal was to satisfy its users... and sadly
it turns that some developers forget about that when prefering freeness
over the service to our users.

We need to have a big political shift on that side, or we'll loose more
valuable contributors in favor of other distributions... you may not
care but I want Debian to stay the central distribution and I don't want
that other distributions do a better service to users than us.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com
Earn money with free software: http://www.geniustrader.org