Re: NEW handling: About rejects, and kernels

md@Linux.IT (Marco d'Itri) writes:

> On Mar 26, Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> wrote:
>
> > Actually, while there was lots of discussion, there wasn't actually a
> > proposal explaining what the reduced level of freedom would be and why
> > firmware needs less freedom.

> Anyway, you can find a very old and partial selection of my arguments
> at http://blog.bofh.it/id_33 .

Nothing there explains what the reduced level of freedom would be:
what freedoms do we still insist on, since they will not be the ones
we want for other programs?

And nothing there explains why firmware should have less freedom,
except for the claim that without this we won't be able to distribute
the drivers (and you say how important those drivers are).

Thomas