On 2005-03-15, Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org> wrote:

> Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> wrote:
>
>>> How could we know ? We know nothing about Ubuntu, nothing about
>>> Canonical, nothing about the goals, nothing about how everything was
>>> done to begin with, nothing about who works or doesn't work there.
>>
>> Details about Ubuntu and its goals can be found on the website.  In many
>> respects there is more information available about Ubuntu activity, and the
>> goals of the project, than about organizations which provide you with the
>> essentials of life.  Yet, you seem to trust them by default, while you
>> assume that Ubuntu seeks to cause you harm.  Why?
>
> Because Ubuntu appeared behind a screen of smoke. And smoke hasn't
> dissipated yet. Debian Developers were not informed in an appropriate
> manner of what was going on there.

Sorry, but i can't see the problem here. Everyone can go ahead and do a
value-added Distribution based on Debian. There is no need be verbose
about it, though. Also, i dont think the Debian Developers working for
Ubuntu have to justify why they are doing so.

> By destroying the Project ? Interesting approach.

As this is just a _proposal_, you are free to suggest alternative
approaches on how to solve the Problems the Project is currently facing.

bye,
   - michael