On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 10:45:59AM +0100, Julien BLACHE wrote:

> >> I hereby ask the people involved in this proposal to step down
> >> immediately from their positions in the Project. You've violated a
> >> couple of rules already, and you've violated the spirit of this Project.
> > *blink*.  Are you high?  One of the RMs makes an announcement stating that
> > we're *almost* ready to freeze sarge, and you're asking RMs and FTPMasters
> > to resign?  What will that solve, at this point?
> That will save us from self-destruction. There's no point in making a
> new release if we're going to disappear after that.

Well, they could resign immediatedly after or with the release.

> Moreover, the more I read this thread, the more I question the values
> of some of the people involved. It looks like some of us should really
> reconsider their involvment in the Project.

Unfortunately there are always the wrong people reconsider their involvment
in the project. Remember the last wave of retirement announces?
Whereas the people that actually should retire are just saying nothing, even
when they've been asked.

> But then again, that's only my opinion, and people on IRC suggest I'm
> an idiot. I know from the mails I'm getting that I'm not.

Been there, done that, too...
I always got several private mails during my last years rants, although I
was entitled in public as an idiot and moron as well, which led me to the
point that's not me being an idiot, but those who call others that way.
Anyway, even Galileo Galilei was entitled to be an idiot when he stated that
not the earth is the middle of the universe...

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/