On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:19:32 +0100, Julien BLACHE wrote:

[...]
> You'll figure out that the timing for this new policy is absolutely
> perfect; we're a week away from the voting period for the new DPL
> term. The current DPL can't (and won't, obviously) do anything about
> it, and the candidates signed the proposal. I should add that the
> Vancouver meeting was announced at the very last minute, too. And I'm
> wondering, who paid for the travel expenses ? Did the people involved
> pay out of their own pocket ? Did the Project pay ? Did somebody else
> pay the bill ?

Who cares?  How is that even remotely relevant to the actual proposal?
How is an answer going to be even remotely beneficial to this discussion?

>>> I joined the Project because there was no core team to decide what was
>>> to be done in an authoritative manner. Today, we have such a core
>>> team, and I'm not sure I agree with that anymore (some would rather
>>> say it's a cabal, well, their call).
>>
>> And yet no chance to replace the cabal nor elect other people instead
>> of them, which is more like a problem for the project than just a few
>> archs, imho.
>
> We can.
>
> I hereby ask the people involved in this proposal to step down
> immediately from their positions in the Project. You've violated a
> couple of rules already, and you've violated the spirit of this Project.

*blink*.  Are you high?  One of the RMs makes an announcement stating that
we're *almost* ready to freeze sarge, and you're asking RMs and FTPMasters
to resign?  What will that solve, at this point?