Re: Vancouver meeting - clarifications

Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:58:44 +0100, Andreas Barth
>
>>I was asked quite often via IRC what the reasonings for this kind of
>>proposal were. I'll answer the reasons from the release point of view - but
>>please remember that there are also ftp-masters/mirror concerns that the
>>release team doesn't directly take care of, but which are of course still
>>important.
>
> However, I currently do not expect ftpmaster to communicate with mere
> mortals,

Anthony Towns was very active on the lists these days.  The threads on
-vote last week, IMO, were a nice example of non-communication -
everybody talked, but Anthony did not understand our concerns, and we
didn't understand him.  But what he wrote on -devel about the Vancouver
proposal was quite clear, and can be called communication.

We are still lacking a rationale for the Vancouver proposal from the
ftmasters, though.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster