Re: Who could be able to help SW vendors to support Debian?

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 11:35:41AM -0800, Marc Singer wrote:
> I've been under the impression that the only machine-level
> incompatibilities are really kernel and driver issues and not issues
> with Debian per se.
>
> Can you be a little more specific?

Currently for instance Matlab 6.5+ cannot be installed without a little
hack in the installer, that's due to a known bug (or feature ?) in our
sarge libc: it is not executable, like RH ones.

Supporting a release involves also those aspects.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine