Re: boot: network configured before PCMCIA loaded

Op zo, 19-12-2004 te 18:01 +0100, schreef Ludovic Rousseau:
> A is my laptop, B is a desktop.
> B is used by A as a DNS forwarder and also as the mail smarthost. I don't
> know exactly why the exim4 startup on A is slow but starting pcmcia
> _before_ exim4 helped.

I think it has to do with DNS. I used to run a caching nameserver on my
laptop, but I removed that again -- it made exim take ages to start up,
and I was too lazy to RTFM to find out what setting could possibly be
responsible.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks