Re: boot: network configured before PCMCIA loaded

This one time, at band camp, Ludovic Rousseau said:
> On the same topic, the default configuration is:
> /etc/rc2.d/S20exim4
> /etc/rc2.d/S20pcmcia
>
> So exim4 is started before pcmcia. In my case it is not optimal since
> exim4 is (very) slow to start (a ~10s timeout somewhere I think) when
> started before pcmcia (and my wireless pcmcia card).
>
> I renamed /etc/rc2.d/S20pcmcia in /etc/rc2.d/S19pcmcia and exim4 starts
> faster now during the boot process.

This is a DNS timeout.  If you have PCMCIA and networking set up to not
actually provide a network interface until PCMCIA is configured, exim
will start quickly.  If you have a network interface, but it is not
actually up, exim will start very slowly.
|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |