Re: Debian's status as a legal entity and how it could effect a potential defense.

On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 00:31 -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 21:37:41 -0800, Bruce Perens <bruce@perens.com> said:
> 	Seems like if the person being offended has the sole
>  discretion about what is offensive, trhewn hell, we might as well
>  hang up our keyboards and go home, cause anyone can be offended by
>  anything.

Hey, we agree on something!!!!

Fear of being sued for harassment has made every organization (in-
cluding Universities, hospitals, companies, non-profits, governments,
etc) in the USA to spend lots of money on lawyers to devise rules
and regulations, send managers to tolerance training sessions, make
employees take sensitivity training classes, blah, blah, blah.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

Legality/morality of using open wireless points:
"If I leave my door unlocked are you going to come into my house
in the middle of the night because you need to use the restroom?
I pay a fixed rate for water. It's cold water so there is no
electricity usage. No financial loss. I have 2.5 bathrooms, so no
loss of usage on my end. Is this OK? Please, try this and we'll
see if it's OK."