Re: Intent to mass-file bugs: FDL/incorrect copyright files

On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 09:49:39AM +0100, Romain Francoise wrote:
> I could suggest *you* to read it, but to make this a little more
> constructive, what in the following makes you think licensing is inside
> the scope of the technical committee's powers?
>
>  The Technical Committee may:

[...]
>   3. Make a decision when asked to do so.
>
>      Any person or body may delegate a decision of their own to the
>      Technical Committee, or seek advice from it.

This clause is pretty unspecific, so it would cover it. It means that
the ftpmasters, who ultimately decide whether a package goes in or not,
may delegate their decision to the technical committee.

> In my reading of it, "technical policy" or "technical matters" do not
> cover licensing.

Clause 3 does not limit itself to technical matters.

Hamish