Re: Intent to mass-file bugs: FDL/incorrect copyright files

Brian Nelson <pyro@debian.org> writes:

> AFAIK, ftp-masters only reject a package if inclusion and distribution
> in Debian would be illegal.  This is not the case with the GFDL.

> I think in a typical case, the decision is up to the package maintainer,
> and if the maintainer doesn't agree, the tech committee may resolve this
> issue.

Really?  I thought the technical committee dealt with technical
problems, not with licensing.

> debian-legal is merely used for discussion, not for decision-making.

So you are saying that if Joe Developer decides a license is free
according to his understanding of the DFSG, in disagreement with a
consensus formed on debian-legal, it's okay for him to upload the
package unless the technical committee overrules him?

--
  ,''`.
 : :' :        Romain Francoise <rfrancoise@debian.org>