Re: Intent to mass-file bugs: FDL/incorrect copyright files

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 06:49:21PM +0000, Brian M. Carlson wrote:
> Bugs will be filed:
>
>  1) on packages that include GNU Free Documentation Licensed-material;

I recommend not filing bugs on documentation until after sarge. The
project agreed by vote that it was not to be considered release-critical
for sarge, so, given that your bugs suggest some highly invasive
solutions, why be unnecessarily disruptive now?

> Two bugs will be filed on packages that meet criteria in both 1) and
> 2).  If the release managers would like, I will be happy to auto-tag
> the bugs in 1) sarge-ignore,

If you insist on filing these bugs pre-sarge, yes, please do so.

> but if you receive such a bug, this does not excuse you from fixing it
> promptly.

As a matter of fact it may do depending on the contextual circumstances.
(For example, updates to frozen packages are difficult and therefore
limited.)

> Packages that are related to the following info files are *potential*
> candidates (please note these files have been stripped of their
> suffixes):

The number of these that relate to frozen packages scares me. You are
likely to create a good deal of work for the release management team.
:-( In future, please perform such widespread audits *before* base
system freezes, not *during* them.

Cheers,