Re: Intent to mass-file bugs: FDL/incorrect copyright files

sandals@crustytoothpaste.ath.cx (Brian M. Carlson) writes:

> The sentence was meant to stress to certain maintainers (who shall
> remain nameless) that like to ignore debian-legal or licensing
> issues that I would that pursue these bugs as vigorously as any
> others and that I expected them to be fixed, time and circumstances
> permitting.

We have no way to force developers to take bugs seriously.  Some bugs
can be fixed by NMU, and for things like this, the ftp masters have
discretion to even remove packages that are non-free.  But that's a
long way down the pike.  Things take time, and while I'm totally on
your side about the issue here, I think we do better to allow it to
take the time it takes.

Moreover, the social contract changes are on hold until the release of
sarge; they are not yet operative for unstable *or* for sarge.  (See
the wording of the reversion motion.)

So it seems imprudent to do such a mass filing, especially since you
are trying to achieve the impossible: force a developer to fix a bug
"promptly".

Thomas