Re: mozilla-firefox-locale package with all language translations

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 05:12:48AM +0100, Cesar Martinez Izquierdo wrote:
> El Jueves 11 Noviembre 2004 10:47, Jeroen van Wolffelaar escribió:
> > Your package is native, I suggest supporting the 'get-orig-source'
> > rules-target to make that one generate a .orig.tar.gz containing all
> > upstream languages.
>

> You mean that should I create one rule looking like the following?
> get-orig-source:
>  NAME=basename `pwd`
>  mkdir $NAME.orig
>  wget -N -P $(CURDIR)/$NAME.orig '$(FETCHADDRESS)*-*.xpi'
>  rm -f $(CURDIR)/$NAME.orig/en-US.xpi
>  tar -cvzf ../$NAME.orig.tar.gz $NAME.orig

Something like that, yes.

> What's the purpose of that? (I'm new in packaging).
> This way, will the package be considered non-native?

No, but it will comply to Debian policy 4.8./get-orig-source

     `get-orig-source' (optional)
          This target fetches the most recent version of the original
          source package from a canonical archive site (via FTP or WWW, for
          example), does any necessary rearrangement to turn it into the
          original source tar file format described below, and leaves it in
          the current directory.

          This target may be invoked in any directory, and should take care
          to clean up any temporary files it may have left.

          This target is optional, but providing it if possible is a good
          idea.

This will allow a developer that need to update the package to new
upstream version to use a documented procedure instead of guessing how
to proceed.

See eterm-themes for an example of package assembled that way.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.