Re: mozilla-firefox-locale package with all language translations

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 06:47:15AM +0100, Cesar Martinez Izquierdo wrote:
> Hi! Sometimes a package with all the firefox translations has been proposed.
> With the arrival of Firefox 1.0, localization has been normalized and now this
> package seems quite suitable.
>
> As a proof of concept, I have packaged "mozilla-firefox-locale-all",
> containing all the available translations at the moment.
>
> You can download the package at:
> <http://users.evtek.fi/~k0400388/debian/mozilla-firefox-locale-all/>
>
> The "rules" file includes an "wget" rule that can download the available XPI
> files with the translations.
> After download new XPI files, if you regenerate the package then you get all
> the required files for these new XPIs.

Your package is native, I suggest supporting the 'get-orig-source'
rules-target to make that one generate a .orig.tar.gz containing all
upstream languages.

Also, since the installed-size of the generated .deb is 17MB, maybe it's
still wise to have it generate multiple packages like is done now (it'll
also easy upgrades).

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar