Re: Security updates for sarge?

On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 12:21:28AM +0200, Matthias Urlichs wrote:

> > Funny. Arrakis were used heavily in the past for security builds as
> > well. Otherweise I have no idea where all those security team logins on
> > arrakis come from?
> I'd assume that there's a *slight* difference between "somebody, who
> doesn't (necessarily) have any privileges, logs on and specifically builds
> something", and an unattended autobuilder.

Well, the main difference I see is, that there are still no security updates
for sarge/testing. For the user it's irrelevant if the security updates was
built by a person or an autobuilder.

But I think you're right... it's not about getting work done, it's about
politics and a orwellian "all users are equal, DDs are more equal" nonsense.
With every day passing by, it seems even more clearly to me that Debian has
lost its basics and has turned into a project that prefer to deal with
itself for that reason. And now it's even controlled by a venture
capitalist. Great job, well done... :-(

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/