Re: Security updates for sarge?

Ingo Juergensmann <ij@2004.bluespice.org> wrote:

> But I think you're right... it's not about getting work done, it's about
> politics and a orwellian "all users are equal, DDs are more equal" nonsense.
> With every day passing by, it seems even more clearly to me that Debian has
> lost its basics and has turned into a project that prefer to deal with
> itself for that reason. And now it's even controlled by a venture
> capitalist. Great job, well done... :-(

Ingo,

You appear to be discussing some Debian that doesn't exist. In itself,
this isn't surprising - you appear to have spent a significant period of
time discussing a Debian that is only mildly related to the Debian that
most people appear to perceive. Your postings to debian-devel have
generally resulted in large quantities of noise and a complete absence
of useful conclusions.

You're either a revolutionary arguing on the side of the largely silent
majority, or you're in a minority. In the first case, I'd suggest that
you engage in making it clearer that a large set of people agree with
you. In the latter case, I'd like to request that you stop. Your posts
are counter-productive - your style of argumentation repels those who
may have sympathy, and inflames those who already disagree with you.
Your current activities are accomplishing nothing. There is no advantage
to be gained in "I told you so" - instead, you merely delay us from
going anywhere.

Please. No more.
--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org