Re: Security updates for sarge?

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 05:10:26 +0200, Sven Mueller <sm@leogic.com> said:

> Ingo Juergensmann [u] wrote on 22/10/2004 18:35:
>> On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 06:13:46PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
>>
>>> Because they have set up and maintain the buildd network.
>> Yes, nice, well done, thank them for their initial work, but it
>> seems as if it's up for others now to take over that job, because
>> they obviously failing continuously doing it now.

> I must admit I thought something similar: Why the hell are there
> only two people who know how to do it, when two people doesn't seem
> to be enough?

	Are you volunteering to go out and better educate yourself to
 take on this work?

>    It might be better if they postponed further work on
> the buildd network and used that time to introduce others to the
> job. In the end, this might very well speed up the whole process. At
> least, it gets some more redundancy (what happens if one of them
> gets ill while the other is on a prolonged journey?).  Two people
> who can do the job certainly isn't nearly enough for such important
> jobs in a project as big as Debian. I would think it should be at
> least 5-6 people.

	Again, are you volunteering to go out and learn how to do it?
 Or is this yet another time wasting rant?

> Heck, If I were a DD, I would be glad to help whereever needed. The

	Ah. Just a spectator, booing and hissing at the people who
 have stood up to be counted.

> So, if my help is wanted with one of the first three of those, I
> will gladly file a NM application immediately.

	Please do. We need more workers, and less lawyers.

	manoj
--
Zeus gave Leda the bird.