Re: Ubuntu discussion at planet.debian.org

#include <hallo.h>
* Manoj Srivastava [Sat, Oct 23 2004, 12:27:03AM]:

> >> it.  This is how we fix problems in Debian: hide them, then propose
> >> General Resolutions.
>
> > And your point is..?
>
> 	That a GR on technical issues is moronic?

Who declares them as "technical issues"?

> > different ways to solve it. And before you think about writing
> > another message, think about the reason for having the
> > debian-private ML.
>
> 	It certainly is not to have moronic conversations like
>  this. We should certainly not be hiding stupidity in Debian ranks.

Hahaha. It is pretty easy to say "it is a technical" because then you
can always say "it is to maintainer|manager to deal with it, shut up".
That is what you prefer to do, IIRC.

Unfortunately, it is not that easy. Some decissions have to do with
technical issues but they are based on subjective decissions.
Social problems make people pissed and if the responsible people fail to
communicate, there is not much room for attribution.
And pissed developers act irrational, irrationality ends up in the
insanity which we can see on d-d in the last months.

In this respect, I think that Testing was a bad solution. A pseudo
solution for mixed social/technical problems that have been declared as
technical problems and the solution became a disaster.

Well, maybe it is just me. I am no exceptional case WRT the behaviour
"analysis" above.

Regards,
Eduard.
--
Die Vergeßlichkeit des Menschen ist etwas anderes als die Neigung
mancher Politiker, sich nicht erinnern zu können.