Re: Frank Carmickle and Marco Paganini must die

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 10:02:25AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 09:00:38PM -0700, Adam McKenna wrote:
> > But you're still (intentionally?) missing the main point:  If you're 'stuck'
> > with a shitty ISP, there are many free or low cost options for reliable
> > e-mail
>
> Yes, you've made that point. Over and over again. However, it's also
> true that in some cases, those other options aren't possible or viable.

If I'm not mistaken, everyone here is connected to the same internet.  I
would argue that in 99% of cases, getting a cheap or free secondary e-mail
account is a better idea than using your local machine, because if you
really do have an unreliable ISP, you still have to use their server for
incoming mail, and if mail delays are being caused by something other than
ISP mail server instability (e.g. peering issues), then they will affect your
local server as well.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>