Re: Frank Carmickle and Marco Paganini must die

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 02:37:09PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le lundi 20 septembre 2004 à 08:53 +1000, Russell Coker a écrit :
> > > Please stop using this brain-dead blacklist.
> >
> > What is wrong with it?  End-user machines should not send email directly, they
> > should use the mail server from their ISP.
>
> No. Why use the fucked-up mail server of an ISP when you can have a
> working one at home? Not all users have a decent ISP.

Those people should use one of the many free, reliable webmail sites.  That
said, I tend to doubt that the state of ISP mail servers is really as bad as
some people make it out to be.

> The case of mobile machines is even more complicated. You can't use
> always the same SMTP server if it doesn't handle authentication.

See above.  Want a gmail invite?

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>