Re: daily pestering about s390 and sparc buildd failure

Ingo Juergensmann <ij@2004.bluespice.org> writes:

> But - as you've figured out yourself - a buildd doesn't use pbuilder, but
> sbuild. So, why haven't you tested with sbuild on your own?

It's like you can't follow things for a moment.  The bug would not and
could not manifest itself on my arch.

> How can you now that? A new uploads *always* triggers rebuilding on all
> archs of your package.

No, it doesn't.  The new package hit the queues before the old one got
built, and therefore the old one never got autobuilt (on the
overloaded queues, that is).

> I never said that your way might not bring a solution up to *you*,
> but your way is *not* the way to handle this kind of
> things. Definitely. Never ever.

1: It worked.
2: I was right.

> A buildd is not a testd. Some archs have *serious* problems in keeping up
> and when more developers acting as you did, there will never be a way to
> make a release again.

No, because in fact, the only autobuilders that had to rebuild my test
package were the nonoverloaded ones.