Re: PROPOSAL to sarge+1 - Split main in sub-repositories

pe> Daniel Ruoso wrote:
>> split main to the sections inside it, in a way to have separated
>> package files for each section, so I can choose which sections I
>> don't want at all, like kde and gnome, and maybe even games, or sound

pe> There are more than 30 sections; this would make sources.list completely
pe> unmaintainable.

No a need. You can provide a file in server where the provided
subsections are listed with md5sum of every Packages file and then get
only the chaged... this will be good for download but won't solve the
processing problem.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116