Re: PROPOSAL to sarge+1 - Split main in sub-repositories

dr> Em Sex, 2004-08-20 às 17:55, Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo escreveu:
>> Additionally would be nice to have opportunity to
>> download only diffs of Packages.gz.
>> Let's say ten last diffs could be saved in archive.
>> If someone is making `apt-get update` everyday (who isn't? ;)) then he could
>> download only differencies.

dr> Yes, but this would require wider changes, while the proposal I made
dr> will only require changes in the ftp-master scripts (besides a
dr> transition plan to update the sources.list of everybody), not in apt.

No. Isn't only ftp-master changes. How APT will know about which parts
should get?

This approch will be mostly like what Progeny is currently doing in
Componitized Linux.

One package file for gnome, other for kde, other for base, and so on.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116