Re: Please participate in popularity-contest

Andreas Barth wrote:
* Radu Spineanu (radus@smartpost.ro) [040809 18:55]:

Tore Anderson wrote:

  xmail:  Didn't provide /usr/lib/sendmail (policy violation?), but
      mail sent via 'nc localhost smtp' arrived to the remote
      destination as expected.

/usr/sbin/sendmail is policy but i will make a new release that creates this symlink.

However by default it doesn't work because it's called with
sendmail -oi "$MAILTO" , and xmail expects sendmail -i "$MAILTO" .

I will look into this.

If it's a mail-transport-agent, then (and exactly only than) it must
provide the file /usr/sbin/sendmail, and the executed code must be
able to parse the standard sendmail options.

It seems the -o options are not supported by xmail, however
-i which is the exact same thing as -oi IS, and i find it other MTA's know about it, exim for one.

I have already created a build which has a workaround for this and converts -oi to -i, but instead of me creating a patch, wouldn't be easier for popularity-contest to change -oi to -i in the script ?

By me it's ok either way, i just want some second opinions..

Radu