Re: Description of tasks (was: -= PROPOSAL =- Release sarge with amd64)

On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 01:38:14AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> ...Asking someone else to do something you're unable to do yourself, I
> can understand. But there's a major difference between "unable" and "not
> willing".

No, there isn't.  We should be happy to receive suggestions and constructive
criticism, without concern for the motives of the person making such
suggestions or criticism.  Or rather, we will be more successful if we act in
such a way.

> > Pointing out work that needs to be done is not hypocrisy.  I'm
> > surprised to hear this coming from the DPL.
> >
> > If you disagree with this, then perhaps we should remove the RFP
> > functionality from WNPP.
>
> an RFP is useful when you can't do it because of lack of skills, time,
> or whatnot. It is not useful when you simply don't /want/ to do it.

No, it's still useful no matter what your motives are.

--Adam