Re: Description of tasks (was: -= PROPOSAL =- Release sarge with amd64)

* Ingo Juergensmann <ij@2004.bluespice.org> [2004-07-14 12:04]:
> Let me use an old example (just as an example, not as a base for a new
> discussion):
> Administrating a buildd is surely somewhat that sounds complex and difficult
> to many people. Setting up a buildd and all the stuff is not something that
> average Joe User can do.
> But that doesn't mean that other people can't learn how to do this.
> When I started with my m68k buildd, even some porters didn't really know how
> to setup a buildd. We had to ask Roman Hodek for details. But we (i.e. m68k
> porters) have learned and shared that knowledge, which led to a broad number
> of m68k buildd admins, giving a redundancy not only in buildd machines but
> as well in buildd admins.

I've never tried to set up a buildd (only sbuild) but I've heard
before that it's fairly complex and hardly documented.  Since you have
obtained the knowledge and insights about setting up a buildd, have
you documented this to make the knowledge available to everyone?  Or
is this a shared secret only passed along within the m68k cabal?

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com