Re: [RANT] French translation for debconf templates stucked at 90% : analysis

Helmut Wollmersdorfer wrote:
Language cultures are different. Japanese like to adopt vocabulary from other languages, when they need a new word. Looking into my small DE-JP dictionary:
Computer - kompyuta (latin transscript of JP syllables)
Creme - kyrimy
Curryreis - kareraisy
Dokumentarfilm - dokyumentari-eiga

"My computer" is translated into "mai konpyûta",
"My documents" into "mai dokyumento"
There are ways to translate "My" in japanese, and ways to translate "documents" as well. IMHO, "mai konpyûta" (especially the "mai" part) and "mai dokyumento" don't make any sense for most of the japanese people. I know there is a tendency to adopt vocabulary from other languages, but I really think there is a limit to such tendency.

Mike